donderdag, september 27, 2007

Outskirts

on the raggly wooded outskirts of the city/ where the ancient elevators store the grain/
and the long lake boats that used to haul the metal/ are in the dock and rusting with the rain/
there's a maritime supply beneath the skyway/ my father took me there to buy a rope/
the store is dark and jammed with all you needed/ on a journey bound for the Cape of Good Hope/
I'll seek my fortune in the wide world/ I'll take my chances out there in the cold/
Come what may I'll be OK/ I'll find a stretch of open road/
(Van het Album van mijn september van Peter Case genaamd Let Us Now Praise Sleepy John zijn dit de beginregels van instant 'On the Road'-klassieker The Open Road Song)
en
dit de nieuwste clip van Weird Beard Bonnie Prinsje B. en dat is zoals altijd weer een plaatje :